The interface of sleep and neurology determines medical issues and disorders related to both disease and wellness. A comprehensive approach to these conditions can help diagnosis medical conditions and allay concerns related to overall health/wellness.
The inability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or waking up too early despite adequate time for sleep that results in some form of daytime impairment.
- Short term use of medications
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
Daytime sleepiness which includes symptoms of snoring, gasping or choking during sleep, episodes of breathing cessations in breathing, insomnia, dry mouth, and morning headaches.
- PAP (Positive airway pressure) therapy
- Mandibular advance devices
- Inspire medical device (www.inspire.com)
Restless Leg Symptoms
Uncomfortable sensations that occur in the legs but can also occur in the arms. An urge to move the legs or arms. Relief when moving the legs or arms usually worse at night.
- Dopaminergic medications
- Alpha-2 ligand medications
- Relaxis device
- Excessive daytime sleepiness that results in some form of daytime impairment
- Cataplexy – Feeling muscle weakness often triggered by intense emotions such as laughter or anger
- Hallucinations when falling asleep or during awakening
- Sleep paralysis – The temporary inability to move or talk when falling asleep during awakening
Combination medication therapy
Headaches, Neuropathy, Neurological Weakness, etc.
- pain syndromes
- fatiguable weakness
- progressive weakness despite adequate nutrition and exercise
- Medications and Patient awareness with a headache calendar
- Health optimization with lifestyle modification
- Diagnostic workup to determine the appropriateness of therapy
Dr. Jason Muir Discusses Neurodiagnostics
Concussions | Sleep | Epilepsy | Stroke | Neurodiagnostics | Neurophysiology
Traumatic brain injuries that are caused by a blow to the head or body that jars or shakes the brain.
A stroke is the sudden onset of focal neurological symptoms due to a sudden injury to the brain.
A common neurological disorder that is often known to cause uncontrollable seizures.
Poor sleep has been linked to several health issues which include high blood pressure, blood sugar instability and weight gain.
The use of advanced healthcare technology to diagnose seizures and other neuromuscular disorders.
The interface of sleep and neurology determines medical issues and disorders related to both disease and wellness.
What Our Patients Have To Say About Our Healthcare Services
“I’m very thankful for the wonderful staff and physicians at Hoag. I was treated extremely well and everyone seemed genuinely concerned about my well being.”
“My memory and naming ability are awesome now. My husband said from the moment I woke up from surgery, ‘The old Tiffany is back.’ Dr. Millett and Dr. Liu are phenomenal. I am so grateful for the help they’ve given me.”
“Dr. Schrage was like a godsend to me, someone who could finally provide me with the help that I so desperately needed. After my first consultation with Dr. Schrage, I knew she was the right medical professional for me.”